Pledge to Great Dog Ownership…
& What is expected in the Dog Training Process?
- Private in Home Sessions include driving mileage of 20 miles each way from Shawnee Ks… Any further than the included 40 miles of travel is an additional $1.00 per mile. So if you are 25 miles from Shawnee the extra charge per visit would be $10.00 per visit… $5.00 each way of overage.
- Aggressive dogs have are an additional fee over the regular price per session. An aggressive dog is one that has a bite history with dogs or people. Trainer can also deem a dog aggressive during training….
- Private in home training is held during the day Monday through Friday due to the fact I teach my group class in the evenings. Sessions can start as early as 9 am and must finish before 5:30 pm. I do occasionally offer these sessions on weekends but there is an additional fee of $40.00 per session. If you wish to do this call Mike at 913-269- 7595 for details and availability….
- Attending classes are up to you (the client) I understand that LIFE can get in the way (in fact, I designed my group class to take that into account) but I will not call, harass or plead with you about being there.. The toughest part of “dog training” is being able to be consistent and present during training. While I do not offer refunds on the group class I do offer 6 months to complete it… Dog training is both a commitment in time and money, not only for the owner but also for the trainer as well.
- Same rules apply for private instructions… Dog Training is all about commitment and if you are going to sign up understand you are doing just that. Refunds due to not wanting to do the work are not our policy. I will work with all clients and do my best to meet both your needs and wants but we do not refund our services… Dog training is both a commitment in time and money, not only for the owner but also for the trainer as well. If there are any questions please call 913 269 7595 and discuss before signing up….
- I can not hold time slots for people.. I am the only trainer and slots are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. If cancellations become an issue I will require prepayment for services (via paypal invoice)…
- Dogs that are fearful, reactive or aggressive are not candidates for our group classes. If you are unsure please call with questions. Dogs exhibiting these behaviors will be asked to transfer to private instruction, so that there is no disruption for the rest of the clients in the class. There are no refunds but there are always options for you and your dog to receive training…
- Dogs must be at least 20 weeks old to attend “The Diamond in the Ruff” group class. The “Tiny Diamonds in the Ruff” in home session is available for puppies… Call 913- 269-7595 or email email@example.com for more details.
- No Prong /Choke Collars.
- No Retractable Leashes.
- Training treats are to be brought by the humans. If you do not have treats the distraction of this class is going to make success very difficult and frustrating for you to achieve… I recommend soft, smelly and yummy treats that will keep Fido’s attention (even in the distractions of a group class).
- Dog training is about consistency and frequency of practice… If you don’t practice daily (short intervals, 10-15 minutes, a couple times a day) don’t expect any results.
- Dog training is 70% management (paying attention to the dog and eliminating the opportunity to make mistakes) and 30% training….
- Your Veterinarian should be part of the training process. Keep him or her in the loop with all aspects of your training…
- Keep your dog up to date on vaccinations and do at least one well check visit each year!
- If I send you books or articles they too are part of the training process and you need to read and review them to make sure you completely understand the process.
- Each person in the family must be on the same page and pulling the rope to successes rather than not helping and leading to failure…
- Your dog’s behavior and well-being are your responsibility and it is up to you to be an advocate for your dog. Never put them in a situation they cannot handle.
- Your dog is a lifetime commitment… Your job is to keep them happy, healthy and safe
- Understanding that dogs have just as many personalities as people and that expecting your dog’s personality to conform to yours is not always feasible…
- Looking for or expecting a quick fix will only guarantee one thing, frustration and disappointment on your part….
- Schedule changes or cancellations need to happen with at least 48 hours’ notice… If cancellations become an issue prepayment of sessions will be required to set up appointments… (via PayPal invoice)
- Cancelation fees (75.00) may be assessed to cover my time and travel if necessary… Please call 913 269 7595 with questions…
- Any Photos taken during class or training may be used in promotional efforts.
Download & Sign