Thanksgiving Tips for a Safe and Health Holiday
Happy Thanksgiving folks!!!
Everyone here at K.I.S.S. Dog Training has plenty to be thankful for, but first and foremost we are thankful for you! The folks that helped create and build this company… So, from us to you; thanks, and have a safe and happy holiday…
Now on to your pooch, lets look at some of the things to watch out for, food wise this Thanksgiving, to keep Fido happy and healthy 😉
Here is the stuff that can be dangerous to your dog:
- Turkey Skin. Dogs love this high fat, salty food, but all the seasoning (like garlic and onion powder) are focused here in the skin… Very bad ☹
- Cooked bones. Ham and Turkey bones are not safe period. They can splinter, choking and/or causing internal damage to your dog…
- Onions and Garlic contain Sulfides, which are toxic to dogs. And Cooking them does nothing to dilute that toxicity!
- Alcohol. Some dogs love the taste of different types of alcohol, but all alcohol is a definite no-no. For example, hops and grapes are both toxic to dogs
- Nuts. Lets just be safe here… Don’t feed nuts to dogs several like walnuts, pecans and macadamia nuts all contain toxins that are dangerous to dogs!!!!
- Nutmeg. Again, contains toxins to dogs and is in many holiday foods!!!
- Uncooked Biscuit Dough. The uncooked nature and the yeast along with the chemical make-up of a dog’s tummy makes the perfect environment for the rapid expansion of the dough. This can cause all sorts of terrible things and due to the uncooked nature of the dough it is also hard to vomit up in many cases….
- Chocolate. Is very dangerous to dogs and the darker the chocolate the more toxic it is to dogs!
Let all enjoy our Thanksgiving this year and be safe and instead of people food lets just load up some Kong’s for our favorite for legged friends!!!
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us from K.I.S.S. Dog Training
Quick Service Form
Most Popular Posts
Areas of Service
K.I.S.S. Dog Training proudly serves the Kansas City Metro, Overland Park and Surrounding Areas. 40 miles, 20 miles each way from Shawnee, KS is included for In-Home Sessions... Over that mileage is an additional charge of $1.00 per mile... Call with Questions
K.I.S.S. Dog Training